Thread: Messenger hijacked me

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Messenger hijacked me

When I connect to the net messenger automaticaly connects It doesn't start up with Win , I've got that disabled and in MSCONFIG it's not checked to start. Went to options and disabled everything (used XP ati-spy also) and still does it. It's not running in taskbar so the only way I know it's running is because TaskMan shows it's running & when I click messenger to start it's already signed in...

Never had this happen & must be something easy I'm overlooking but I'm out of places to look aside from digging through the REG

Thanks for your time

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Try this:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger.htm

Don't know if you have tried that yet or not.

Also if you have a firewall, you can stop it from connecting as well. With Sygate, you open up the sygate window, right click the messenger icon, and put the check next to block :P

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    If you're Using NAV 2003 make sure the tab to automatically scan Messenger is not ticked. Leaving it ticked will automatically launch Messenger.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thanks BB but if I ever want to use Messenger it would be a hassle to get going.

Conan...you the man I don't know how that got ticked cuz I never messed with it & i forgot about worm block and messenger in NAV