Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Techzonez Server

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    BB what would you suggest for a server that runs only a Mohaa game dedicated?
    I have a spare Celeron 566 Mhz with 256 RAM, and that would only run MOHAA if I set it up behind the firewall. That way I could log to the server myself. If I run it in my own machine, how am I to connect to it

Dehc
    heres a server setup guide for MOHAA, hope some of these configs can help you

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Server Setup
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

I am running updates for XP right now.
    It took me longer to get it up for the same reason I had been absent at the forum (I went out last night suddenly, and I didn't came back until this morning )
    So I am working on it at this very moment.
    Also, I am trying to fix some problems with my router. I think it doesn't like me anymore

OK, Finished with all updates, and instalations needed. MOHAA itself took forever to install
    I got the game running, but it doesn't list on the server's list.
    The name is TZ veterans
    IP 68.34.254.204
    FFA game.
    I don't know if it can be accessed from outside my LAN, so please give it a try.
    I won't be working on it anymore tonight, because I have to sleep every once in a while
    Ohh, I just remeber, I didn't do the update to 2.15 Doesn't matter, can still try it!!!
    I can't really manage the server console. IS there a way to put a minimun player?? It gets very lonely when there is only one connected

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    About the firewall, you need to open up the Mohaa ports or create a DMZ for the server so that users can see the server through your firewall.

Sorry David, I was busy today, went fishing with a friend at a pond. You can send me an email or pm about the issue you are having and i'll try to help.

Ohh BB, you begun talking all strange to me
    I have no idea what is a DMZ.
    Uppss, maybe since I am so much into computers I shouldn'y had been so honest. Something like this: "BB, I cannot rememer know how to set uo a DMZ, could you refresh my memory?"

Anyhow, this weekend ended up being a lot more busy that I thought and I didn't even had time to search around. I basically stated a server (From inside the game), then I check with Sygate the ports it uses, and I forwarded those port to the correct machine.
    In other words, I didn't even know which ports should be open. IT is only 12203?

Titanium Member
    I played with myself on your server today. I ran out of rounds so I killed myself.

Let me know when you are going to play, so I enter
    At least we can shoot at each other.
    Maybe we should schedule times. Like a poker night, but instead a MOHAA night

12203 is the typical port, though you could open the string 12201-12204

If lynch is playing on your server now, you're all set.

A DMZ is a way to allow one internal IP address in your network complete access to all ports and the internet.

well, I saw a lot of people today playing on the server
    When I first logged in, there were like 6 people (Speaking German) and I got kicked out (By accident I kill a team member), and they had 500 ping. I went to the server and the poor CPU was running @ 100% all the time. Symantec Firewall was taking it all, after I closed it their ping dropped to 250.
    Well, I cannot find the server myself from the list, but people connects to it so it has to be listed somewere, right???
    We had with Lynch a little incident, because there was someone bothering, but I didn't know the command to kick. I finally found it just when the guy leave
    Next step would be to install 2.11 to 2.15 patch, and some mods for us to play

Honestly DEHC, you don't need sygate, an AV, or anything running in the background when your server is online. If you have an AV it slows down disk read and write access by like 50% or so.. IMHO.

I have a celeron 680Mhz, 256MB PC133 ram, etc.. the CPU is always at 100%.

Best thing to do DEHC is to run a dedicated server, create your on config scripts inside the MOHAA main folder, and launch the team.bat file, freeforall.bat, tow.bat, or the objective.bat

you'll want to edit the config file so you can name your server, change the settings etc..

It takes some time roughly about 30 minutes or so to configure the dedicated server and then you're all setup!

Hand over that IP and I'll join for a rumble or two!

THE IP is this one68.34.254.204
    It won't change unless I have a sag (so, it will change once a week :P)
    Besides MOHAA I only have the AV, which I will turn off now :P
    besides that, I had seen some good pings. Mine is always good, since instead of using the public IP I use the LAN IP, giving me full 100 Mbs bandwith , but when I did the trial using the public IP first time I was in the 460

Couple things you also might want to check on.

Disable the XP theme.. it just slows your PC down. you can improve the performance quite a bit by right clicking my computer,
    click on properties, click on advanced tab, performance setting tab, then click adjust for best performance.

Check your pagefile and make sure it is installed preferrably on a second HDD, if not, try it on a separate partition.

Last thing you might want to do is defrag the machine, run all updates, including the video card.

Your server should run much better and you can set your max users to around 24 or so. At least I did and it seemed to work ok with a dedicated server.

If I tried 32 players my server would crash after 30 :P
    I needed more ram.. 512MB would be the minimum for a 32 player server, AFAIK.

Thanks for the IP. I'll try to connect tonight when I get home.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I was able to connect Dehc. My ping was about 450 but my bandwidth is a little limited right now.

Well, ping during the day could be high since I have other bandwith hungry apps. For example I have a Mule around my PC. It is in a different PC, but it will drain bandwith. I noticed it can decrease ping for as much as half closing it, but if I do, I won't get anything anymore .
    THat is why, I was interested into having certains times to connect, so I can close it, and we cna get pretty good pings.
    I haven't tested too much the involment of the mule on it, since I only found players, when I wasn't running it, or no players when I am running it
    Anyway, if I see any of you guys logged in I will jump in, but I don't check too often since I am using the same monitor (Digital conector for my PC, and Analog for the server) so I have to be switching buttons all the time (not easy swtiching between modes), but if you IM me or PM me we can run some frags.
    My times, During week days I can after 6 PM and until 12 so that is 6 hours where I can be invited any time. Just PM me for my MSN login.

PS: I noticed that my ping without other players and having the mule is pretty good (running from the Internet and not in the LAN)