Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Team Techzonez Server

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    so you were running an in game dedicated server. With the batch files, it should speed up the server, as you don't have to load the GUI

Glad to see you got it worked out. You know to edit your config files so that you can rename the server, get listed on Gamespy, allow or disallow voting, add or subtract new and old maps, change the health decrease rate, spawn times, etc..

Each batch file you create should have a corresponding config file. The config file is very powerful as it even allows you to change some of the physics of the game, like run speed, shooting speed, ammo.. I even heard it allows you to change the gravity of the game, so you can have a floating fight too

however, I don't know how to change the physics..

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Well, I fixed the say problem that I had. I learned a bit how to launch the server faster using the batch files with the cfg. I fixed my sig problem (I hope)
    So now we have to fix Stripe problem, because some of us can tell exactly how many hidding points there are, since we spent 2 hours there yesterday
    C'mon STRIPE, we want to play other levels with you!!!!
    And lets see if we can organize another TZ event as yerterday. Maybe we should make an easy to view calendar for TZ events, or post it in the Calendar, but we have to agree in a time. C'mon guys, more is better in this game. 1 on 1 can get really long. I can spend hours chasing Lynch or Phis around

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    now that is something to look into...we can have a frag fest on the moon.

Originally posted by phishhead
    yeah watch out for Dehcbad25...he'll be talking to ya then sneak behind and fill you up with lead or toss a gernade your way...
    Hey man, I just happen to type fast around, and I am multitasking (real type, not like windows ) So I like to read and kill at the same time.
    Anyway, I wasn't doint it with intention of killing you. If I see a player chatting I wait until the finish. + I saw you once, and I thro a graneade behind you, so you could be aware I was around. See?? I am not so mean. I didn't even hurt you with that graneade, but I remember that because of the noise I did, Stripe came and fill me with lead
    But I never killed you while chatting. I did kill BB once, by mistake
    I ended up with 77 points in that game. I think I have an itchy finger, since I killed myself a lot when finding a player in front of me. I wouldn't even try to back up a little
    It was a fun way to waste time, EHH I mean invest time

I think the best is trying to reduce the number of deaths. I can kill hundreds of people while getting killed at the same time. But if you are a true warrior, you want to get killed as little as possible while inflicting as much damage on the enemy as possible

I also hate the free for all.. I am much more of a team player so you can coordinate attacks.

Defense is as much a part of the game as offense

I wouldnt mind joining you guys for the next big session, can someone post as to when that will be
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey dehcbad25 why dont you start another thread in the team mohaa...with your ip info and we can start a new thread that pertains to your server only. Also when stripe gets onboard with his he can start one for his server.

It might be that bad of an idea, Phis
    Yesterday surfing I got to a Clan game server hosting web site. I thought the idea was very cool but to host MOHAA we need at least 99$ a month Don't worry guys, I will only charge you 50$ so I can pay my cable bill
    Anybody up to start a new thread??

Dedicated machines are too expensive. I don't see investing that much money in that...

I mean 1200 US dollars is quite a bit.. one of us could buy a machine and host it ourselves for a year for that price

I have been dicking around too much. I'll see what I can do. My farking router is really the problem.. I should just chunk it.

My problem is also the router
    It likes to kick people away.
    I thought it was too expensive too, but nonetheless it is a good idea for clans that only want to play and not tweak around with the game Not like us. If we hosted somewhere else, we would lose a bit part of post about problems with hardware, settings and LAN/Networking

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    LOL,

Do you think anyone would mind if I took my boat out to the ocean and laid a CAT6 UTP cable from my house to Dehc's so I get low pings ?? :biggrin:

I mean its only 4000 miles, its not like im going to the moon.

Then Dehc could chat, and I would sneek up behind him and through grenades

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

With cat 5e you would be fine since I have a 1/100 Mbts router only
    Your ping would be around 10 like mine. I love when I have 3 of ping
    Now 4000 miles will be expensive Cat5 too, since you have to put a repeater every 300 feet, so lets use fiber instead
    I work with fiber at work, so I am kind of familiar. I can do the instalation if you want. I just have to learn to polish the ends because I was too lazy to do it myself

I was going to play tonight, but since I have somethig to do I can't, but I set up the server in my PC. It has planty of power so it should be good for MOHAA
    I also left closed all programs, so it will be dedicated to MOHAA tonight
    I sugested the time to play at midnight EST since that time was when everyone connected last Saturday.
    Let me know if the ping is better and ENJOY!!!!

PS: IP ADDRESS STILL THE SAME

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks Dehc for offering the PC. I'll be on later tonight.

BTW....Nice hunting game we had last night. Dehc vs Stripe

By the end....my eyes were so bleary that I don't know who won but it was fun