Thread: Got Broadband? Got Dns Errors?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Got Broadband? Got Dns Errors?

Synopsis: BY BIG BOOGER
    I get slammed with DNS errors like the one below on a constant basis. So I used a simple Registry edit, and bam they stopped. Not as many as I used to get. This registry edit, is designed for users of broadband internet. Try it at your own risk, as I did. You might want to back up your registry before adding this change, and create a restore point just in case. It really is effective in stopping the DNS errors.

READ THE FULL TECHTV ARTICLE

The speed of broadband tends to be addictive, so it's doubly frustrating when you come to a screeching halt due to a DNS error. If you're running Internet Explorer 6, you may get "The page cannot be displayed" followed by advice that's largely incomprehensible to the average person, which concludes with "Cannot find server or DNS Error, Internet Explorer."

You may have goofed and entered an invalid Web address, but you may get this error even with a valid Web address. Worse, if you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the error may persist even when you follow the advice to keep trying. Here's what may be happening and how to deal with the problem.
    GET THE REGISTRY SCRIPT THAT FIXES THE REDUNDANT DNS ERRORS FOR BROADBAND USERS
    ENJOY,
    BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I downloaded those too, haven't used them yet though.

i am on dialup but i get those errors a lot too..
    Do you think i should try it?
    Thanks,
    Blackwar

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    GIve it a go, can't hurt. Follow my suggestions! back up ur reg. Do a system restore point, etc..
    BB

I just installed and all is good so far. I opened from the window to install and then saved a copy for another machine. So far so good............

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Hey blackwar did you try it out...like me I'm stuck with dial up...so let me know what happens.

Originally posted by phishhead
    Hey blackwar did you try it out...like me I'm stuck with dial up...so let me know what happens.
    yeah, i did actually..
    but it didn't change anything.. i still get the same DNS errors and stuff
    oh well, my default browser is mozilla anyway, i was just trying to figure out what the problem was with IE