Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: new hsf - high temps still

Titanium Member
    Closing and opening apps are becoming very sluggish. At times just trying to open the start panel takes several clicks - even while there is 341mb of free ram and cpu use down. And yes, i have defragmented (almost every day)

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    That has nothing to do with your CPU running at 50c, maybe you need to look at your new Anti-Virus software or maybe you need this XP patch.

You should get rid of all the software you don't use, need or understand

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by FastGame
    That has nothing to do with your CPU running at 50c, maybe you need to look at your new Anti-Virus software
    Actually when I installed Panda, it slowed down Perfectdisk by a lot, so I got rid of Panda and am back to good old Norton!

Titanium Member
    perfectdisk is running the same for me (always been slow). Now that it's cooler today the PC is running at 40c.
    Last edited by lynchknot; June 30th, 2003 at 16:48 PM.

Titanium Member
    That has nothing to do with your CPU running at 50c, maybe you need to look at your new Anti-Virus software or maybe you need this XP patch.

You should get rid of all the software you don't use, need or understand
    where the hell is the patch? It keeps taking me to "download and read more" several times.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I still insist, 40c for an Athlon XP is like freezing, so I think you have very good temp.
    as FG said, the max temp is 90c, and I can tell you by experience running the CPU for 2 hours without fan it still works, and I can say the heatsink was over 100c (I am talking only of the HeatSink), so the CPU must had been higher. Who said AMD is not good quality?? Look, it still works after I almost fried it

Originally posted by lynchknot
    where the hell is the patch? It keeps taking me to "download and read more" several times.
    Sorry I guess things have changed & you can't get this patch unless you call M$....but thanks to Conan http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...4948#post24948 you can get it from Neowin Here

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    smart A$$

Originally posted by phishhead
    smart A$$
    R U OK ?

Sorry I guess things have changed & you can't get this patch unless you call m$

My XP 2100+ runs at 40C regularly. A little hotter when doing more intensive things but well within the "normal" range.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I've got 2 machines running XP 2100+ cpu's.One is on an Abit KG7 board Volcano 9 fan, and the other is on an Epox 8K7A+ board Thermaltake Cu 6.The Volcano 9 is dialed in at 6000 rpm and keeps the cpu the coolest of the two at 39 to 42.The Cu 6 on the Epox runs at 44 to 50.Both systems have identical cases and extra case fans.These figures for both will vary on the plus side by a couple of degrees.I can tell you that that V9 is very noisy but for an air cooler it does the job.I am using a Zalman CNPS6000-Cu on my Barton 2800+ and Asus A7N8X and right now temp is 28c for chassis and 38c for cpu,very quiet as the fan speed only goes 2700 rpm,but under game play,and benchmarking and when it's warmer in the house the temp has reached 51c.AMD's are at home running hot and I haven't cooked any of them yet.I would be suspicious if one of mine was at 60c to 65c at idle.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Titanium Member
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    Closing and opening apps are becoming very sluggish. At times just trying to open the start panel takes several clicks - even while there is 341mb of free ram and cpu use down. And yes, i have defragmented (almost every day)
    I had Tweak now powerpack's RAM idle professional optimizer starting with windows, sitting in sys tray. I must of had it configured poorly (don't know how to so I left it at default);

I then removed it from start-up and it's off - now apps are opening properly, and closing, and menus snap open like they should.

hey lynch go to start run and type msconfig and uncheck anything that doesn't need to be started at boot up. and if you dont know what it is better off leaving that one alone. this should make your system pep up alittle better.

Titanium Member
    I've been using BlackViper's tweak file. I've only got 27 processes opening at start up and those include: Triliian, EPrompter, coolmon, and MBM - besides AV and FW.
    Last edited by lynchknot; July 1st, 2003 at 20:17 PM.