Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: new hsf - high temps still

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    That's still a hot CPU at 52 idle. My load temps max out at 49.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I have 43ºC/109ºF and I am using 15% CPU constantly or more. It is in 15% now while I write here (thanks to video card) I do have however 7 fans counting the 2 from the PSU (And not counting the one from the CPU)

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    mine sits at 39c and if I've been playing mohaa for awhile it will get to about 46c. right now its been pretty hot and its been idling at around 43c. but granted the outside temp is around 90f.

That's all very nice, but i dont think you guys live in a room which becomes 28 degrees C during the day Hell, it's even hotter outside. Luckily within a couple of days things will start to cool down again
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Mundi
    That's all very nice, but i dont think you guys live in a room which becomes 28 degrees C during the day Hell, it's even hotter outside. Luckily within a couple of days things will start to cool down again
    I live in the Philippines, it's always hot here! It's currently 29 C in my room now and it's early morning (my cpu is idling at 36.8 at the moment). Room temperature usually climbs to 32-35 later on in the day.
    Last edited by Conan; August 13th, 2004 at 23:42 PM.

Well Rex, you might be refering to use A/C. I don't use A/C and inside my appartment it is hotter than outside, and a lot hotter. Thanksto heaven for me I am usually at work

That's amazing Conan. You say your pc max out at 49C when it's 33C in your room? That's only 16C difference! You must be using water cooling or something ha ha ha (just kiddin). At this moment it's 24C here and my cpu is 46C idle. Looks much better, never had it this low :P I must say when i open a big programme it jumps straight to 50C, when i play a cpu, gpu intensive game, it jumps to 60C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Mundi
    That's amazing Conan. You say your pc max out at 49C when it's 33C in your room? That's only 16C difference! You must be using water cooling or something ha ha ha (just kiddin). At this moment it's 24C here and my cpu is 46C idle. Looks much better, never had it this low :P I must say when i open a big programme it jumps straight to 50C, when i play a cpu, gpu intensive game, it jumps to 60C.
    Well I attribute my good temps to my Thermaltake case which comes with 7 fans and my Zalman CPU cooler.

I noticed something very funny from my thermal onboard sensors and the one from my harddisk. My harddisk reports 30C but my case sensor reports 37C! Kinda strange how my harddisk is 7 degrees cooler than the temperature in my case :S. So it means either the case temp sensor is wrong or it is situated close to the CPU. In both cases, this is just stupid ha ha

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey conan you still have that picture of your case with that gpu fan mod you made.

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    hey conan you still have that picture of your case with that gpu fan mod you made.
    This one? It raised my case temps though so I no longer use it.

Rex, how do you monitor the HDD temp?

I use speedfan (www.almico.com/speedfan.php) to monitor my hdd temp (and Cpu and Case temps too). I use the programme to lower the speed of my case fan too when i go to sleep.