Hi,
This ones got me stumped. I have a box that is partition with XP and ME (ok, don't laugh... I use the ME for testing 9x issues I sometimes troubleshoot at my job) I installed a new Geforce 4 on the XP partition and it dosn't work with my current hardware config. Basicly it was just booting to a blank black screen (oooooohhhhh, I'm so glad theres a safe mode) after some troubleshooting I was able to get things running after I disabled my soundblaster driver. I've updated both drivers, windows updates, moved the cards the every diffrent kind of PCI slot config possible (yes, my box is a POS HP with no AGP), but no matter what, the video card won't work with the soundblaster enabled. I even tryed formatting and reinstalling the XP OS since I keep it on it's own partition seperate from my data and ripped everything out of pci, started with the G4 (worked fine), then SB (stopped working fine). Then it dawned on me. The IRQ settings. I haven't messed around with them in xp before, I jumped in there and to my dismay saw that they can't be changed, or at least the part where you can is blanked out. So I jumped into ME where I know you can tweak that, and once I installed the G4 in there, it works fine with the SB. So WTF? I know the XP OS overrides some stuff, but theres got to be a way to override it in some way. I'm assuming it's the IRQ but not possitive. Does anyone know about this kind of issue? Is there a service in xp that needs to be enabled that isn't? ANY input on this would be appriciated!

Hex