Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Keep Peer Guardian Up-to-Date

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Ohh. I got your question now.
    I think it is good enought as long as you don't leave your ports open. If you open too many ports it would be easier to pass thru.
    Great! Those are my thoughts also.

i hate Double-Click.NET

What All They Do, Is To Hack People, Put SOme Ads In And Leave Them With All Adware... That Is Especially With IE Because It Always gets hacked..... That Is Why I Am Using opera pp And Windows 2003 Internet Connection Firewall, Which Is Very Useful ... When You Go to www.coolwebsearch.com With IE, You Will Get A Virus [ Hijacker ]Which Will Be Executed Only ON IE. That Would Be the Same as DBL-CLICK.NET And I COuld Delete it When Going To ($Windows)\System32\update*.*
    Or ($Windows)\update*.* So... I Think All Double-Click network Should Be Judged Because Of hacking and Stufff..... That Is Why When I Had Zone Alarm, Thy Tried To access My Computer in interval of 2 minutes :/

What you NEED to know...

...about Peer Guardian! It spies for RIAA !!!!!! Never have had problem until I installed and use it !!! Than my ISP received bunch of letters and sand them to me with warnings!!! DON'T USE IT - ANY version!!! That's the best advice I can give!

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kafel
    ...about Peer Guardian! It spies for RIAA !!!!!! Never have had problem until I installed and use it !!! Than my ISP received bunch of letters and sand them to me with warnings!!! DON'T USE IT - ANY version!!! That's the best advice I can give!
    WHAT? I don't think so. Is that your only evidence against PG? PG is not perfect. Just because you received a letter does not make PG guilty of spying. Check your firewall logs. BTW, I use Protowall.
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 3rd, 2004 at 17:17 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kafel
    I think you don't know what you are talking about. The RIAA constantly add new IP strings to file their complaints. Peer Guardian does exactly what it intends to do. It blocks a set of IP addresses that are added to it's program. And it constantly checks to see that those addresses do not have access to your system.

If you don't update it, you're most likely going to receive a letter...

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    This reminds me of something.
    How many people do you know that use Kazaa?
    I learned last week of some people DUMM enought that use Kazaa. And not Kazzalite, just kazza, and apparently it is very common for them, which leave me completely shocked. Don't thy see the news? Plus SPYWARE (not to mention that Kazza everything can be shared, so viruses run wild)

Titanium Member
    Perhaps this is why:

PeerGuardian, XS, Deep Delete spyware warning
    If you've downloaded any of these three programs that are
    produced by methlabs.org from popular download sites such
    as download.com, zdnet, or softpedia.com, they are bundled
    with spyware. Methlabs' software is free and open source,
    and only the GNU General Public License should appear when
    installing. Any other EULA that appears indicates a
    spyware version. The spyware versions are being bundled by a
    company called openwares.org on all of CNET and ZDnet
    affiliated sites, including international versions, and
    will install toolbars and popup ad generators as well as
    spy on web surfing habits. To find out if any of these 3
    are legit or spyware, check here:
    temporary meth lab: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.leonard1/
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 7th, 2004 at 18:01 PM.

Where did you find that info LK?

A little advise pls

Ok, ive been reading through some of ure info and have decided to install Peer Guardian altho im a noob and dont know a great deal, i presume people like erm the fbi can scan ure pc and find out what ure upping or downing and as i use Kazaa and bit torrent to download legal stuff like pictures of grass and dogs i dont want anyone looking and laffing at me.

So how do i set it up, and should it run all the time?

help

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Peer guardian is easy. Install it. Make sure it is running in the sys tray and update it.

You can get the block lists : http://methlabs.org/sync/

I believe you right click the program and there is an option to update the blocklist. Choose that and then load the file that you downloaded from the site.

Then restart it, and it should be up-to-date.

Though I think the newest release has an autoupdating feature.

Can someone direct me as to how to add IP's to Sygate to block? I tried to do it, did some advanced rule thing and all of a sudden all my WinMx downloads DIED!!!! AHHHHHHHGGGG!

Also, the new Peer Guardian, its great, thanks Boogs! I simply CANNOT believe just HOW many people are scanning me and how many times they try over and over again! All seem to be universities and that damned SONY!!!!

What is up with all the universities?

Thanks,
    Sharon

Peer Guardian 2 is screwed!

If you haven't already DON'T upgrade to PG2. After you update it your blocking nothing!!!!!!!! We all have the same problem, accept, now that I've tried to re-install the old version, no updates will work and I'm still blocking nothing.

I'm unprotected specially since some damned company J-K something has tried to connect to me hundreds of times over the past few days.....if you have ANY news on a new version with this bug fixed PLEASE let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
    Sharon

I was checking today on my Blocklist manager and I seen that many sources has been updated, but now I don't know which sources to enable. Do you guys have recomendations?

Titanium Member
    I don't even use PG nor PW anymore. The blocklist was updated quite a while ago because I just checked and I have no updated lists. I only use the full list in emule because it has become such a hassle at there are so many blocks that are legit. Makes me wonder if they are holding blacklists up for ransom.

I would love not to have to use BLM anymore since it uses 500 MB once loaded (350~500), but I am worried since there are getting stiffier with everyone
    Last edited by Dehcbad25; May 26th, 2005 at 01:26 AM.