Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Join RIAA Boycott

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Don't you just love karma?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Will The RIAA Target Homemade CDs?

The digital equivalent of homemade tapes are the next target of the Recording Industry Association of America.

After asserting that the RIAA's educational and lawsuit strategies were working to stall the illegal downloading of music, the organization's president and chief executive Mitch Bainwol told music retailers Friday that burning and ripping is a greater threat to the industry.

Speaking at the National Association of Record Merchandisers convention in San Diego, Bainwol said 12% of all households are burning CDs and 17% are burning more than ten CDs per month.

Ripping is the process by which a computer user imports music files from a CD to a computer. Burning is the process of moving those files to a new blank CD.

He cited data from the New York-based market research group NPD that stated more than 7 million 50 Cent songs have been burned this year. Mariah Carey, the Beatles, Green Day, Metallica, the Game and Eminem have each had more than 2 million of their songs burned.
    View: The Forbes Article

What a load of crap... now they want to control how users back up their media??? WTF is that??? I am not using a crappy ass Kiosk to burn my media... piss on the RIAA... they have a convoluted agenda and it all involves stripping users rights down to nothing... and then charging them up the ass for crap music that no one wants to own (one song on a whole album is all you want to hear).

http://www.magnetbox.com/riaa/

The RIAA Radar. I don't know if this has been posted or not but it makes searching for non-RIAA related groups.

While downloading group x from p2p is illegal charging a three figure sum PER SONG in cort for 'damages renered' is obscene.

If they come lookin for me they can listen to me all they like in court. I have no money, I doubt i'll ever get money. there is no justification for p2p downloads of copyrighted material that will evade the law. In short I'd be screwed if they decided to phone me up, I know this, hence i have nothing to lose in court. I'm sure I could come up with something...entertaining...as a defense so that even though i'd go to jail or whatever, the judge still has to figure just how big fo a loss the riaa actually takes.

Not a chance in hell it'd be listened to, but can't blaim a guy for thinkin he'd at least try stabbing the dragon in the mouth while going down its throat.
    The Tribes of Man shall be scattered like smoke, and the Four shall succumb to madness. The sword shall be drawn too late, the eagle shall bathe in its own blood, the wolf shall fall into its shadow, and the phoenix shall with two heads devour its children. A thousand worlds shall be rent with fire, and even the Immortals shall tremble, for there will be no haven but the night, no safety without fury, no peace until the ashes grow cold.

the perfect defense...buy a wireless router.then play dumb about being being able to password it or even turn it off.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    So they'll come to your home and physically remove it.
    Next....

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Recording industry sues more U.S. file-swappers
    Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:45 PM ET
    Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The recording industry on Wednesday filed its latest round of copyright infringement lawsuits, targeting 754 people it claims used online file-sharing networks to illegally trade in songs.
    The lawsuits were filed in federal district courts across the country, including California, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
    The world's major record labels, represented by the Recording Industry Association of America, have filed more than 14,000 such lawsuits since September 2003.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Judge Puts Riaa Lawyer In His Place

July 6 was 60 days. I would like to know what happened.

Here is more. LINK

I buy legal downloads and haven't bought a CD in years.

Quote Originally Posted by efc
    I believe the only leverage that individuals have in the RIAA/file sharing arena, is a boycott of music CD's. With that in mind, I pledge to my fellow TZ members that I will not purchase a music CD for a period of six months or until the RIAA fully retreats from the harassment tactics that it is currently using. Join me by adding a post saying "ADD ME TO YOUR LIST".
    I haven't bought a CD in years. I buy legal CDs. I am a big CD collector and
    have 2,400 songs library. That is not a lot, except that they were all transfered from my CD collection or bought on the net. I think the record industry is really worried for a good reason. They can't get it together. I support your boycot (It is easy because I don't have to do anything). Good luck.

Two more mothers have decided to fight the RIAA instead of paying. Let's wish them luck.

LINK

Definitely

I just joined the forums in order to reply to this one...definitely boycot them! add me to the list..

I'm not going to buy another CD for a while actually...the RIAA really gets me angry

Quote Originally Posted by slapdaddy06
    I just joined the forums in order to reply to this one...definitely boycot them! add me to the list..

I'm not going to buy another CD for a while actually...the RIAA really gets me angry
    Stick around. I've been boycotting since the beginning of this thread. I refuse to buy a CD from an RIAA backed company. SCrew them.

Slashdot.org reports that RIAA has finally lost a case. Details