Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Join RIAA Boycott

Fo Riaa

Yeah count me in.

Hardly anyone in my town buys a cd. The only place to get them here is Walmart and they never sell. Mot people who don't know how to get music through downloading will ask a family member to get it for them. It's common practice nowadays. Of course I have never agreed with buying music anyways. You shouldn't have to buy it. Musicians who play for the love of music would agree, and the ones who need fame to feed their ego onlyh care about money and that is the mentality that has created this mess in the first place.

We play in a club about 20 miles away and its hidden away in the sticks but its a large club. Well, some rat tipped off ASACAP over paying fees to play copyrighted music. He had to pay like 20,000. They tried to tell him this bull**** that even if a customer was singing an ASCAP song they could be sued for it. NOT. The record business is full of nothing but mafia criminals just like the White House. GOD gave us freewill and everything in this world is a gift as long as we dont abuse it. To give up this born right for money makes us no better than the crimes commited by RIAA.

I will never buy music ever again and I suggest you make sure you are running the best firewalls, proxies, and take all necessary steps to not get caught so their business can crumble down.

**** RIAA BMI & ASCAP

Another brave soul fights RIAA.

LINK1

LINK2
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Slashdot reports story from p2pnews/p2pnet revealing that there isn't any depth that RIAA lawyers will not go. When a suit fails against the mother, go after the child. Story

I'm in to progressive music, therefor I listen to underground mixtapes (live and radio shows), and I collect hard to find vinyl from small independent record labels. Therefor I haven't bought a music cd in at least 4yrs - and I only listen to FM radio for Stern. SO COUNT ME IN!!!

I respect egg, and support Big B.

As always

This is not new news, however I had not run across it until this morning. Sony is including code on approx 24000 CD titles that install rootkit software on your computer. Everyone who has played a sony CD on your computer in the past year should download and listen to Security Now Podcast No. 12, Sony's "Rootkit Technology" DRM. This is a major security issue that allows the script creep to take over your computer. Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson discuss the danger and how to remove a rootkit once it is installed.

LINK

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljoebay
    Yeah count me in.

Hardly anyone in my town buys a cd. The only place to get them here is Walmart and they never sell. Mot people who don't know how to get music through downloading will ask a family member to get it for them. It's common practice nowadays. Of course I have never agreed with buying music anyways. You shouldn't have to buy it. Musicians who play for the love of music would agree, and the ones who need fame to feed their ego onlyh care about money and that is the mentality that has created this mess in the first place.

We play in a club about 20 miles away and its hidden away in the sticks but its a large club. Well, some rat tipped off ASACAP over paying fees to play copyrighted music. He had to pay like 20,000. They tried to tell him this bull**** that even if a customer was singing an ASCAP song they could be sued for it. NOT. The record business is full of nothing but mafia criminals just like the White House. GOD gave us freewill and everything in this world is a gift as long as we dont abuse it. To give up this born right for money makes us no better than the crimes commited by RIAA.

I will never buy music ever again and I suggest you make sure you are running the best firewalls, proxies, and take all necessary steps to not get caught so their business can crumble down.

**** RIAA BMI & ASCAP
    I totally agree with this statement, it's my sediments exactly.

Music is about human communication and sharing that communication, it should not be sold, and given freely, like freedom of speech.

That being said, we would have to live in a money free world for this to happen, i hope we achieve this one day, the whole human race would be much better off.
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; November 9th, 2005 at 20:10 PM.

Nuke Sony.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efc
    however I had not run across it until this morning.
    Shame on you for not reading our front page.

Sony Issues Patch As Hackers Pounce On Rootkit (3rd Nov)

and a follow up story claims that the patch is itself spyware because it installs without notice and permission, and it can’t be removed.

Sony Copy Protection Called Spyware

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    Shame on you for not reading our front page.

Sony Issues Patch As Hackers Pounce On Rootkit (3rd Nov)

and a follow up story claims that the patch is itself spyware because it installs without notice and permission, and it can’t be removed.

Sony Copy Protection Called Spyware
    Yes, shame on me. I am lower than dirt. I should have known that you had already posted on this subject.

I now remember the post. It just didn't register as being something that might impact me. However, listening to the Security Now podcast made it clear that we should all be aware of the danger. It also let me know that it should be included in this thread. This is one more method of deceit from the music industry.

Seems to be a lot of activity on the Sony issue. California has filed against Sony for virus-like techniques which create management rights on the users computer. This leaves the computer vulnerable to attack. Hackers can take total control of the computer.

California is contending that Sony has violated three state laws.

Go A r n o l d!

Also today, the Register is reporting that the first trojan taking advantage of Sony's DRM rootkit copy protection has appeared.

Yeah count me in!!!

First RIAA case to go to trial. LINK

I hope Mrs. Santangelo wins a big judgement. RIAA, the organization we love to hate.

Movie company sues man for $100,000. It seems that someone downloaded a movie via his wireless network. No matter. They have conficated his four computers and sent him to court.

Thugs are thugs, regardless if it is in the movie business or music business.

More