Thread: Photodraw 2000 Problems

Photodraw 2000 Problems

I need some help to fix my Microsoft Office 2000 Photodraw. This is a very important program to me becasue I use it to design graphics for my projects. I value it for its interface and features.
    I recently tried to access the program but it does not open and Windows says that it has encountered an error. I tried to reinstall it but during the installation the error arised. I reinstalled the entire office and still it does not work. I've even reformatted my entire drive and re-installed Windows XP. I think its due to one of Microsoft's stupid sercurity updates becasue this has never happened before. I can't tell which update because they are so many. I really need this fixed if possible because I can't afford to get Office 2003 and Photodraw is the only program I use for my projects because Corel Draw 8 is too old and incompatiable and quite confusing. The error reporting says that it has some thing to do with ntdll.dll and I think its the cause of one of Microsoft many recent sercurity updates. I would be grateful if anyone could help.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318924

That explains it. Josh, have you tried compatibility mode? Right click the .exe file and select properties, then choose compatibility, and select windows 98/ME.

Let me know if that works.

I think it may be due to one of the updates which messed up ntdll.dll. Hopefully this can help narrow down the update search.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Thanks alot Big Booger, you've saved my Office 2000 twice. Looks like compatibality mode certainly very useful!
    ~Chesterfield

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I hope it fixes it for you. Also if you have issues with photodraw give the following site a look over. http://support.microsoft.com/default...pd2k&x=18&y=15

Lots to offer there. One thing I would suggest is to go to a newer tool in the future so that your software doesn't get too dated.

Adobe Illustrator 10 is a good alternative as well as Corel Draw 11.

Corel Draw 11 Free Trial:
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047021857395

Registration is required for both sites.

Adobe Illustrator 10 Free Trial
    http://www.adobe.com/products/tryado...jsp?ftpID=1396

You can try those out and see which one you like the best. I highly recommend you getting your feet wet slowly, for Photodraw is no longer being updated or supported. And it may not work with the next release of windows.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information. I have been long wanting to get Corel Draw Graphics Suite 11, I think its about time...
    ~Chesterfield