Thread: Did you try the new Yahoo! SBC Browser

Did you try the new Yahoo! SBC Browser

I was wondering if anyone had tries the new Yahoo SBC browser.
    I have seen te officila demo release for the press only http://us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo/pressroom/sbcydemo.zip
    and i was wondering if it was good?

Since yahoo usually release good webservices i was wondering how the browser compared with MSN Software

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    do you have a screenshot of this or more information on it. That would help me to decide if I want to install this or not. Thanks.

No screenshot however if you are from Japan i'm not sure you can install the soft because it comes with an internet connection...So you may find someone that subscribe for you to get the prmiuml webbased services but i'm not sure you'll be able to use the soft.Anyway you will not pay an internet vnnection for nothing !!!!

I dont have any screenshots but te demo link i posted is very very complete. It's a really nice demo. Otherwise there is a screenshot at this following link. I posted the same message on Neowin.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=111256

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-32-1067303619.jpg

That looks nice. Much better IMHO than MSN.

Some of the features below:

SBC Yahoo! has released an updated version of the browser that offers increased performance and new features such as:

Popup blocker - stop popup windows
    Customizable Sidebar
    Better user interface
    Easier to use

But I don't think it is available to Japan like you said.

Based on IE. Bah. So remember to get all your daily Windows Updates if you use it. =)
    Eating a lightbulb relishing on the procrastination of the rationalization of the disestablishment movement in the 1800s in Europe whence then was egotistical bastards were not unintelligently lived to see their timely undeaths in a very non-ungroovy way.

i certainly remember that with Gecko based browser you cannot play any online radio nor can you compose in the HTML mode of web based browser.....or even Opera's M2 mail client cannot accept HTML composing......how useless this composer might be....no i dont see any better browser than ie....When Mozilla will accept Microsft HTML then i'll adopt it....however i understand that this is precisely Microsoft fault....i'm using MSN Premium and i'll switch to Yahoo Plus browser when the offer will be launch next month because they have a browser too