Thread: Msn Messenger Addon, Something Else To Bother You!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Msn Messenger Addon, Something Else To Bother You!

For all the Online Shoppers - This new plugin from Microsoft offers the Online Shoppers to be Instantly Notified of Exclusive Sales, Bargains and Giveaways With MSN.

"MSN eShop now offers Microsoft® .NET Alerts! This free service lets you receive important messages through your MSN Messenger or Windows® Messenger, your e-mail, or your mobile device. You control how and when you receive these messages by specifying your preferences during the easy setup process"
    MSN MESSENGER ALERTS ADDON

NOTE:You need a passport (.net) MS account.

ENJOY,
    BB

SOURCE: XP-erience.org

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    disguising promos as benefits! Da noive o' da bumz!

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    that's all I need is more spam

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    At the rate M$ are simply destroying hotmail as a good useful service, i wonder how far they will really go before hitting the boarder limits?

I've always been a Yahoo fan from day once on the Internet, i grew up on Yahoo e-mail and messenger before any other, and still they provide the quality of service they have always promised and even more up to the current day

Free 6mb e-mail box, all the features/options we have all come to expect, and Yahoo Messenger is far more advanced then MSN/Windows Messenger in nearly every aspect, it just lacks the simple look that has been dropped over the years as more and more hard work/improvements we're implemented into the product.

I sure wish MSN/Windows Messenger would just die sometime's, M$ really deserve it for their treatment of us recently

Originally posted by GimieGimieGimie
    At the rate M$ are simply destroying hotmail as a good useful service, i wonder how far they will really go before hitting the boarder limits?

I've always been a Yahoo fan from day once on the Internet, i grew up on Yahoo e-mail and messenger before any other, and still they provide the quality of service they have always promised and even more up to the current day

Free 6mb e-mail box, all the features/options we have all come to expect, and Yahoo Messenger is far more advanced then MSN/Windows Messenger in nearly every aspect, it just lacks the simple look that has been dropped over the years as more and more hard work/improvements we're implemented into the product.

I sure wish MSN/Windows Messenger would just die sometime's, M$ really deserve it for their treatment of us recently
    i just wanted to point out one thing, Yahoo! Mail accounts are now down to 4 megs (new registrations)
    and they didn't even let us know

Originally posted by Blackwar

i just wanted to point out one thing, Yahoo! Mail accounts are now down to 4 megs (new registrations)
    and they didn't even let us know
    Ah...

Must be new accounts only then , i've still got the full 6mb

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Yeah I have 6MB too... Why in the hell are they being so cheap? When I signed up, I was told I would get yahoo mail, free for life...
    Well, I wasnt told they would skimp it down to the barebones email... Hell, if it gets any worse I am going back to Postal Mail LOL
    j/k

It's really pathetic... I mean I shop on yahoo, have purchased hotel packages, airplane tickets, etc... I dont understand how they can be out so much money as to stop offering their services... It doesnt make sense to me... But I guess in the end it was a business decision made by a board that wants to see profits.
    BB

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar

Angry yahoo

X-Setup's official site is down for the count. Their Web host (Yahoo!) is apparently being non-responsive? From CptSiskoX: "Yahoo! has some ridiculous policies in place. A while ago they had a Terms of Service agreement which claimed everything hosted on a Yahoo! site (GeoCities division especially) was property of Yahoo! and all creative works were relinquished to their ownership, etc. Public outrage surged against them and they backed down eventually. As I recall, it took them a few different tries to get the wording acceptable to the public. Yahoo! took serious public relations damage from that incident and several others, such as automatically signing all members up for spam and junk e-mail (unsolicited commercial bulk as we all know) and the user had the 'responsibility' to get off the spam lists by changing the preferences (again) even if they had previously said they did not want to receive the spam. Yahoo! has continued a pattern of blunders and has a real bone-headed approach to appeasing their users. It's exactly these type of idiotic, oppressive and offensive acts that cause people to leave companies for competitors." Some are going as far as to Boycott Yahoo! now. http://www.parentpreview.com/boycott.htm

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Mine still has 6mb of space, seem to be the only one of my email boxes that doesnt get any spam mail .
    Dam fido seems to be pretty pissed at Yahoo , Ive seen other sites post similar boycots signs, Pia it is good to see people fight back at these large companies
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Of course, i was talking from the user's point of view, what ever companies/businesses that get screwed over by Yahoo and any other Internet company i see as none of my concern, though it shouldn't really happen, but the world's so corrupt these days ain't it?

And this 2mb cut back from 6mb-4mb is pretty resonable i think, due to the fact that it's still 2mb above the thier only current competition (hotmail) that have allowed Yahoo to do such a piss take in the first place

A real shame to new user's though!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; June 16th, 2002 at 17:47 PM.