Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: add remove

add remove

If you cannot uninstall a programe from add remove as certain files are missing, and you get an error, so you go about deleting it manually, how do you get rid of them from the add remove list, theres a few in there I want rid of but wont go, normally it says a problem occured, but do you want to remove it from the list anyway, but I am not getting that, and they are there bugging me, is there another way to rid of them? thanx in advance for any info.....
    Madamant

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    In previous Windows versions you could remove entries by using a program called TweakUI. But unfortunately TweakUI for XP doesn't have this option.

However you can remove entries by editing the registry.

Go to Start > Run and type in regedit. Hit enter.

Navigate to the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Scroll down the list of programs in the left hand pane and right click the one you want to remove and select Delete.
    Do this for all the entries you want to remove.Then close the Registry Editor.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

ta very much, your the guy
    Madamant

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    You can also go to Edit/find put in the name of the file you are looking for and let it look for all the entries.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Originally posted by rik
    You can also go to Edit/find put in the name of the file you are looking for and let it look for all the entries.
    That's right! That will help you reduce the amount of crap that builds up in there. You could try the following free app: http://www.webmasterfree.com/regcleaner.html

* With RegCleaner you can easily get rid of those old and obsolete registry entries created by software that you have destroyed ages ago.

* You donīt have to be an expert to use this program. Note that this program is not like those other so called registry cleaners, they search any filenames from registry, then if the file doesnīt exist anymore they remove the registry key or value where this filename was.

* But RegCleaner shows you the list of software that are registered in the registry and by checking checkboxes you select which software you donīt have anymore and RegCleaner removes all registry created by those programs automatically.

* You can also remove start up programs that are started behind your back and can dramatically decrease your computerīs performance.

* Small in size, free and very easy to use!

It's now called RegSupreme,and isn't free,although you can download a fully functional 30 day trial.

Product Info

Download

Yeah! I had that regcleaner once, I have it on disc somewhere, but I will try the RegSupreme, I think, is there a difference?
    Madamant

Originally posted by Madamant
    Yeah! I had that regcleaner once, I have it on disc somewhere, but I will try the RegSupreme, I think, is there a difference?

You could try this freeware program - RegSeeker. I've used it a few times without any problems. It has a lot of options other than registry cleaner.

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

If the only thing you are trying to do is remove the entry from the Control Panel (Add/Remove) listing, TweakAll is the freeware program to use. This is a great program with many uses. It is much more capable than TweakUI.

There are two versions:

Version 3 for Win XP

Version 1.2.3 for Win 9x

Download
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

efc,as i stated in my first post.I think you'll find the XP version of TweakUI doesn't include a removal tool for Add/Remove.

Rev - I did read your post and agree. I was just emphasizing that TweakAll is a superior product.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Originally posted by efc
    Rev - I did read your post and agree. I was just emphasizing that TweakAll is a superior product.
    Ahh right,sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I got my Regcleaner From Here and it was free looks like a legit place to me....

Awww, you guys are soo helpful, thanx for all the neat tools, much appreciated, thanx again.... I love this place you are all so nice..
    Madamant