Thread: Backup Tools

Backup Tools

Dear All...

I need a free tools that can backup file with NTFS Permission...
    Anyone can help me..

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Kevin..

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Partition Saving is a DOS program that is used to save, restore and copy hard-drive, partitions, floppy disk and DOS devices. With this program you could save all data on a partition to a file (such as you could save this file on a CD for example).

Then if something goes wrong, you can completely restore the partition from the backup file. You no longer have to reinstall every piece of software from scratch. All you have to do is restore the partition from the backup file and then update any software that was modified since the backup was created.

Partition Saving is able to compress data (using the gzip compression algorithm) and split it up into several files (e.g. if you need to save a 2 Gb partition onto a CD, this can be done by compressing it and, if necessary, splitting it up into 650 Mb files). Most partition types are supported. In the case of FAT (12, 16 and 32), ext2 and NTFS partitions, you can choose between saving all sectors or occupied sectors only.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/guibou...hargement.html

I have never used it before but it seems to do the trick for what you require.