Thread: req help with tv out

Titanium Member

req help with tv out

Hello, I'm trying to enable tv out. The card is ati. I have hooked up the S-video cable to an adapter-to-RCA cable - then to video input. It does not work when I try to enable at display setting. My pc screen goes black and no tv. The pc screen appears after a few seconds. Thanks for help.

You didn't specify a model # so I stopped with the first promising info that I found. This is troubleshooting info from ATI page.

http://www.ati.com/support/products/...e128setup.html
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Titanium Member
    It's 9500pro - not even listed. I followed the help information but it does not work.

These Troubleshooting Tips specific to ati 9500

The colors on my TV display are not correct
    -Ensure that the connections between the Component Video Adapter and your HDTV are correct=Green, Pb=Blue, Pr=Red).

There is no display on my TV
    -Your TV will not display anything until Windows starts; this may take several minutes.
    • Set your TV to YPbPr input.
    • Ensure that the HDTV Component Video Adapter is properly connected, then restart your computer.
    • Ensure that the drivers in the ATI HTDV Component Video Adapter Kit have been installed.

DVDs will not play in 720p or 1080i modes
    Copy-protected DVDs restrict playback to 480i and 480p modes.

I can’t see the entire display
    If your component input device supports it, try 720p mode.

The display is tilted Consult your HDTV user’s manual.
    Consult your HDTV user’s manual.

My CRT display is green
    Your system is in component output mode. Restart your computer with the CRT monitor connected.

Also there is a driver available that may resolve the issue. This page discusses several TV out issues.

http://www.dreamstation.cc/news/video_games/id1433

Titanium Member
    I tried 3 different drivers: ATI, Omega, and DNA - all current.

There is no display on my TV
    -Your TV will not display anything until Windows starts; this may take several minutes.
    • Set your TV to YPbPr input.
    • Ensure that the HDTV Component Video Adapter is properly connected, then restart your computer.
    • Ensure that the drivers in the ATI HTDV Component Video Adapter Kit have been installed.

I don't know what YPbPr input is - I'm hooking this up to a vcr then to tv. I will try hooking it up again - then rebooting - maybe that will work. Thanks.

Titanium Member
    Ok I got it to work but is there a way to view both tv and monitor at the same time as I cannot read the tv very well.

The one setup I had using TV out was at an investors club. The use was to keep up with various stocks on a big screen that could be seen by everyone. That setup went directly from video card to the TV. Once the driver was loaded, we never had a problem with it.

Try to bypass the VCR and see if that works. If it does then the issue may be the VCR setup instead of the video card.

Don't worry about the Y-PbPr information. Many new TVs have these jacks. Mine does. The manual states that they can be used for connecting equipment with this capability such as a DVD player or Set Top Box. I have never tried.