Thread: laptop won't find win me os

Angry laptop won't find win me os

i removed my hard drive from my laptop hp pavillon n3402.i put it back rebooted error message says (]operating sytem not found).now what happened.[B]operating system not found

i have checked for bent pins they look find the ide recognizes the drive.i'm puzzled

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Hi Doug welcome to Techzonez.Since you removed your hard drive the bios probably needs to recognize your IDE drives.Enter you bios on boot up and go into your "Standard Cmos Features" or the equivalent.Some bioses will auto detect by pressing the F3 key.What you need for it to do is auto detect the hard drive,and cdrom drives.Make sure that the "Primary Master"is set to Auto under "Type".Hope that's it.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

what does imapp stand for or what is it

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doug25
    what does imapp stand for or what is it

Short for Internet Message Access Protocol, a protocol for retrieving e-mail messages. The latest version, IMAP4, is similar to POP3 but supports some additional features. For example, with IMAP4, you can search through your e-mail messages for keywords while the messages are still on mail server. You can then choose which messages to download to your machine.
    IMAP was developed at Stanford University in 1986.

http://pcwebopedia.com/

That's a great site to look for different terms on...BTW, Welcome to Techzonez
    Last edited by rik; February 9th, 2004 at 18:04 PM.

check the boot order it may be set to try and boot from floppy disk or cd-rom only since you removed the hard drive.