Can someone tell me or refer me to a site that will have precise instructions as to how to wipe out my HD and partition--or at least set up 1 big HD without any particular partition. I realize this is a drastic, work-intensive step, and that I will have to reinstall all programs but an XP Repair Install did not stop the many continually quirky behavior I have been getting. I wanted to try a more basic solution--see article "Windows XP Crashed? Here's Help" at http://www.digitalwebcast.com/2002/0..._boot_toot.htm but for that to work, my restore points have to go back before my problems started (Jan 20) and the restore points do not go back that far--currently only to Feb. 9 (and registry start-up files of that date will still be corrupt.)

With 98 and ME, I gathered you f-disked and then formatted: two separate little programs. I checked Microsoft's Disk Management page but it said nothing about wiping out a hard drive, only chattered about upgrading to a later O/S. Or did I miss something?

Anyway how, precisely, do I wipe out my HD and partition it?