Thread: O/E message confusion

O/E message confusion

Hi, I've used O/E for years with no problems until yesterday. I received several Emails from a friend in the Philippines with no problem. Then yesterday I received one that looked as follows:

DIV>
    <DIV>
    <DIV>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Dear Bob,</FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">_<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></FONT></FONT></P>
    <P class=MsoBodyText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Wow! you had and have a great life.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">_ </SPAN>You are lucky enough.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">_ </SPAN>
    etc.

I asked to have it resent but it returned the same.It looks as it's in another fomat, but since I have HTML and rich text enabled I don't understand. As I said I have had previous mail from this address without a problem. Baffles me unless I inadvertently changed a setting.
    What have I done or is there an international setting or format I need to correct? Could this be from the senders mail server?
    Robert N Hardesty

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    If mails from other your other contacts are displaying correctly,then the problem is more than likely with your friends "send" settings.

Ask your friend what International Settings and Mail Sending Format settings he is using in OE on the "Send" tab.

There may also be problems with his mail server not encoding the format correctly before sending it to you. Are any of his other recipients receiving similar mails.
    Last edited by Reverend; February 25th, 2004 at 18:56 PM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

well I have been recieving prior messages from this friend fine, and after asking, they have not changed anything in their mail client. They use Yahoo and I recieve mail from many Yahoo clients with no problems.My friend is computer illiterate so I would be afraid to suggest anything. They justed learned to send email much less set it up or contact server.
    Last edited by olopbob; February 25th, 2004 at 19:51 PM. Reason: More info
    Robert N Hardesty

You could check your Fonts settings on the OE Options > Read tab.

Reverand, followed suggestion and checked Fonts settings on the OE Options > Read tab checks. Changed to default but guess I should return to Wester European?
    Robert N Hardesty

Quote Originally Posted by olopbob
    Reverand, followed suggestion and checked Fonts settings on the OE Options > Read tab checks. Changed to default but guess I should return to Wester European?
    You can use either Western European (ISO) or Western European (Windows).