Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of Death Battlefield Vietnam Server

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Thumbs up

Last edited by PIPER; March 29th, 2004 at 06:04 AM.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Sounds good PIPER, I just need to get the game fist

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Piper why'd you get rid of the post

there seemed to be a lack of interest...only two responses, and like the call of duty server offer that no one appeared to want I went elsewhere with the offer.

I understand. Let us know how your server is getting on. I think most are still waiting to get the game.

I know of 2 members that are anyway.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I agree with Boogs that it's just a matter of getting it all organized. I just got around to the game last night and think it's pretty cool.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I finished all the single player missions and it's ok...Single player in COD was much better IMHO. I'm sure multiplayer will be cool tho, especially in the Ho Chi Minh missions.
    Last edited by rik; March 29th, 2004 at 14:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rik
    I finished all the single player missions and it's ok...Single player in COD was much better IMHO. I'm sure multiplayer will be cool tho, especially in the Ho Chi Minh missions.
    Tough to beat COD for single play action. BF Vietnam is a different style of game play...need multiplayer action. I don't like the fact that a joystick can not be used though. At least I did not see it listed anywhere in the config setup for controls.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    Tough to beat COD for single play action. BF Vietnam is a different style of game play...need multiplayer action. I don't like the fact that a joystick can not be used though. At least I did not see it listed anywhere in the config setup for controls.
    No joystick support in BFV?! there has to be, especially now with the Choppers!! that will make some ppl not happy.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Hey CS, learn to fly using the KB and mouse like I do!! All you have to do is get in the vicinity of where you wanna go and then bail before you crash

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    Hey CS, learn to fly using the KB and mouse like I do!! All you have to do is get in the vicinity of where you wanna go and then bail before you crash
    Oh No dont worry about lil CS, I havent used a Joystick, err ever KB/Mouse is excellent, I love the perfect barrel rolls But i was planing on getting a Joystick for other games and BF etc, but might hold off if BFV doesnt support it I like the idea of a joystick for the Chopper to PERFECTLY hover. I hate pressing the throttle every other second

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    No joystick support in BFV?! there has to be, especially now with the Choppers!! that will make some ppl not happy.
    I guarantee that you can! I have a friend who is happily choppering around with a joystick, although like rik suggests, the k/b works just as well.

I have also been told that flying the choppers with a k/b is considerably easier in BFV that it was in the Desert Combat!

Yes it is SS. FLying in desert combat was like trying to pilot a spinning top in the air that is connected to a ferris wheel...

In BFV, it's much easier, smoother, yet still poses a challenge when you are taking fire from the air and from the ground.

I like how you can spawn in some of the transport helicopters. THat is awesome. And of course flying around with the radio blasting is nice too. Some helis can carry about 7 people I think.. or 5 i can't remember the max.

As for the joystick, I haven't ever used one in any of the BF games. Kbrd, Mouse for me thanks.

One thing I wished there were more of was player models like MOHAA. Mohaa had tons of skins. I'd like to see that in BFV.

you can use a mouse for a joystick, just turn the sensitivity all the way down.. Makes flying that much easier.. But I leave it at default, cause a slow mouse sucks during open field combat.

I'm sure it would be hard to hover using a KB if you were trying to airlift a vehicle or somethin...Anyone been able to do that yet?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    so does anyone have a keyboard layout? I found one for farcry and it helps quite a bit until I get use to it.