Thread: Windows 2003, ntdll.dll causing errors

Question Windows 2003, ntdll.dll causing errors

Just messing about with new installation of 2003, so far my comments are "cooool". Everything's still the same as XP but with more to play with.

Anyway, i'm having a slight problem with registering a dns primary suffix. Keeps causing some error with no documentation other than "Faulting App svchost.exe version... faulting module ntdll.dll", and then after that i find some services have been stopped unexpectedly, ICF and Workstation being a couple. Oh yeah, fault address is "0x00007d10".

Anyone else had this problem?
    Live long and prosper!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I use 2K3 and I haven't had that problem. Why were you entering a DNS suffix BTW?

Sorry, installed DNS server and hadn't set up a Domain yet so it kinda caused conflicts. Seems definatly as though i'd done something wrong but the error was actually suppose to be there. All sorted now though.
    Live long and prosper!

Windows 2003, ntdll.dll causing errors

Did you ever get a resolution to yur error. I'm having the exact same issue. All remote access (ssh, pcanywhere &vnc) terminate with an error with ntdll.dll.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken the error was caused by installing the DNS server but never setting up a domain.

Well, what ever it was has now been sorted out but thanks for replies all the same.
    Live long and prosper!