Thread: From home to pro.

Question From home to pro.

Is it worth the switch from home to pro.?Tell me about it please.
    I think one of the problems i've been having is that a lot of advise i'm getting is for pro. and i have home . I'm just interested to know the diff.Thank's.

Somewhere in Texas , there's a Village missing it's Idiot
    Cheers
    Ushie

Re: From home to pro.

Originally posted by uschie
    Is it worth the switch from home to pro.?Tell me about it please.
    I think one of the problems i've been having is that a lot of advise i'm getting is for pro. and i have home . I'm just interested to know the diff.Thank's.
    here is a pretty detailed comparison between the XP Home and XP Pro versions, what they include and not include

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p.../choosing2.asp

hope it helps
    Blackwar

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Uschie,
    In my opinion, Pro is the better of the two OSes, however, I wouldn't pay for the upgrade to pro, unless I really needed it. Take a look at the features in the article that blackwar pointed you to, and determine for yourself which is the best for your computing experience. I have always used pro editions since windows 2000, and have been entirely satisfied. I think however, if you don't need the extra features offered by the professional version, then don't upgrade... why waste your money...
    BB

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I agree with BB , if you don't need the features of XP Pro then save your money. Also uschie the advice your getting does apply to XP Home cuz I'm sure your not going to have a problem with your OS in an area that you don't have.

I'm running XP Home & it does all I need , if you need encryption or password protect....some free downloads are available. Run XP Home until it no longer gives you what you need , a hardware upgrade would be money better spent....or maybe a nice Game.

Have Fun

I wonder if there is anyway to convert XP home, into XP pro... I will look into that.
    BB

Originally posted by Big Booger
    I wonder if there is anyway to convert XP home, into XP pro... I will look into that.
    BB
    yeah, you just buy the upgrade version of xp pro and upgrade, i don't think it works for OEM's tho

Thank you guys you have cleard up a lot of questions for me .Thank's for the link blackwar.
    B.B. i also wondret about that,but seems blackwar gave us the answer.
    Maybe the problems i'm having are OEM related not pro. vs home?

Somewhere in Texas , there's a Village missing it's Idiot
    Cheers
    Ushie

well I kind of didnt mean to upgrade. I meant was there some files you could change within your home version to make it pro. Kind of like making the pro version a corporate...
    BB