Thread: New A64 and 3DMark03

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Have you tried another set of drivers ? maybe an older set ? 3D 03 places most emphasis on the GPU so it prolly is video card related since everything else passed.
    Yup,I am using Catalyst 4.3 right now.I have tried 5.1,5.4,and the latest 5.5.On the Abit site the only board they mention as compatible is the 9800XT.I can't believe this card won't keep up.I sent the error report to Microsoft and I got video driver or video card failure.Far Cry even locks up.Might have to try my 9500?I think it's the card.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Well,the card went completely south on me today.Opened up a word doc and the text on not only word but the desktop and any window was not legible.It went back to normal text when I disabled hardware acceleration along with write combining.I put my old Radeon 64mb and all is well except it only gets a 215 3D Mark in 3DMark03.I'm looking at getting a 6600GT either 128mb or 256mb.They are emerging as a better alternative to the Radeon 9800XT.Going to run the old card for a few days to make sure the mobo didn't have anything to do with the demise of the 9700 pro.Nvidia is back on top and the price is right.
    Last edited by zipp51; May 20th, 2005 at 01:31 AM.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Good choice....I have the 6800GT....awesome card...once installed, I never looked back..a little more expensive than the 6600, but It was worth it.